Monday, September 9, 2013

Different Ways of Writing


Going through writing this essay and reading Writing Analytically helped me a lot. I feel the book taught us some really cool ways of thinking of ideas and putting thoughts to paper. The part for me that was most helpful was always reminding myself while writing the essay about the “so what” question. My biggest weakness in writing is not staying focused and on task but through thinking about the question “ so what” I really feel it kept me organized and focused. Different drafts helped me a lot because in all of those drafts I was able to change the mistakes and weaknesses of my essay, only making it stronger throughout the process.
            Had we not used the blog posts or mandatory essay drafts I wouldn’t have started the essay until probably one-two days before it was due which would have given me a much weaker essay overall. Just by doing the little things such as making a draft and coming up with different ways to get your thoughts down I feel as if my essay writing has improved drastically. The flow of my essay has improved through every draft and right now I feel pretty happy about the essay. The method actually helped me a lot because it gave me a more formatted way of thinking which for me was better to organize all my thoughts.
            Overall though the book “writing Analytically”, “So What”, and “the Method” have helped improve my essay drastically and I will further use these processes in writing future essays as well as doing other types of analysis work. These styles fit me and I’m looking forward to using them for upcoming assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment